Sunday, May 9, 2010

Looking Back

I took a drive down to my parents today for Mother's Day. I went across the street to visit Amy, an old neighbor, who has owned two Binis. A red hardtop which, from what I understand, was quite the lemon. And more recently, a red cabriolet. An '07 I think.

We each took a turn behind the wheel of each other's cars. Although she doesn't normally drive stick, she was comfortable enough going up and down the cul-de-sac. Then I took her automatic out on the roads. One of my favorite things about my gray Mini was the interior, so it was pretty nostalgic sitting inside of her car. I felt immediately comfortable. Her interior was quite nice too - chrome trim, additional gauges, leather seats. And although hers wasn't an S (nor a manual), the experience has fueled my desire to get another one of these beasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment