Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nice Rack



Years ago, I had gotten a whole bunch of used Midget parts from a fellow at church. Amidst the collection was everthing from body panels to doors to seats to mechanical parts to whatever. Most of the stuff is old and rusty and unusable. But among the stuff was a luggage rack and a boot lid. The luggage rack itself would've cost me $300 from eBay, but we paid just $100 for the whole collection of stuff.

Anyway, with thoughts of getting the car painted soon, I thought it'd be neat to get both boot lids painted (one with holes for the rack and one without) so that I had the option to choose. I think I prefer the cleanliness of the car sans rack, but I like the option of being able to use the rack if I was going on a trip or needed the space.

So today I affixed the rack to the lid, and then the lid to the car - to see how it all came together. It's hard to tell with the unpainted lid, but I think it looks nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment